Hervey Bay Dive Centre's 'Southern Great Barrier Reef Dive Expedition' will put before you some of the best and varied dive sites in Australia
The Southern Great Barrier Reef (GBR) has numerous dive sites with a wide variety of topography and depth range. The live aboard expeditions will be travelling to four different areas, Lady Elliot Island, Lady Musgrave Island, Fairfax Island, and the ex-HMAS Tobruk wreck site located within the Great Sandy Marine Park.
Visibility can anywhere between 10m up to 40m depending on the time of year and of course weather conditions and on the outer reef depths will range between 10-25m and inside the lagoon between 2-8m. The ex-HMAS Tobruk dive will take you to 31m.
The Southern Great Barrier Reef hosts the most amazing array of sea life and in particular the manta ray populations at Elliot and Musgrave. During winter months the majestic Humpback whales can be encountered as they hang out on their migration from Antarctica.
- Berth: $1650
Note: Although children are welcome aboard we recommend that in the first instance you discuss with the staff
- Up to 10 dive tours including, 1 x night dive/ and various snorkel opportunities
- Tanks and weights
- In-water dive instructors/dive masters
- Meals provided will include breakfast, morning tea; lunch; afternoon tea; dinner and snacks
- Drinks; tea & coffee; fruit juice; soft drinks
- Bedding and towels
- Fish and coral reference books
- 12v charging facility for battery packs/cameras and the like
- Stand up Paddle Boards are available as well for use on request
What to bring
- Clothing. The temperatures in Nov- March are warm! Shorts and t-shirt day and evening. Pack a long sleeve top for cooler nights. April – Oct are cool in the evenings and mornings so pack layers and a couple of warm sweatshirts. Don’t forget the beanie!
- Sun protection – Hat, sunglasses and a light sun shirt
- Dive/ snorkel gear (included in price but bring any of your own that you wish to use)
- Toiletries and medication (soap, hand wash and sunscreen are provided)
- Camera (also available to hire)
- Small backpack, water bottle and sandals – for any shore excursions.
- Luggage allowances on-board include: 1 x soft dive kit bag excluding tanks and weights. 1 x soft personal bag up to 15kgs. We prefer soft bags for ease of stowage.
- BYO - We allow BYO alcohol. NOTE: consumption of alcohol is at the discretion of the ships master or his/her nominee.