The PADI Discover Scuba Diving course is your entry to scuba diving.
The course is specifically tailored for novices and an experience you will not forget!
Held over one day it is led by our highly qualified dive instructor Ben and our team of pro divers.
Complete a short classroom session, before gearing-up and jumping in shallow water to practice the basics. Then we're off on the adventure of a true boat dive within the wonderful underwater world of the Great Sandy Marine Park.
- The course starts with an formal session of face to face instruction with the instructor.
- Then we gear-up for a safe confined water "dive" (where we can stand, such as in the pool or safe beach) where our instructors will guide you through the basics. You’ll spend some time getting used to swimming around on scuba and learn the basic safety skills. Approx. 30min
- Once the introductions are complete we're off to enjoy your first open water dive! Your instructors will guide you as deep as 12 metres for up-to 45 minutes exploring the Great Sandy Marine Park from our dive vessel the MV Utopia.
- You do need some basic swimming ability.
- Minimum age is 12yrs.
- A dive medical is not required. However a simple PADI Medical Declaration must be completed.
Learner diver: $200
- All instruction
- Scuba equipment provided
- Pool fees or Great Sandy Marine Park fees
- 1x open water dive in the Great Sandy Marine Park
- PADI DSD Certificate
What to bring
- Swim wear & towel
- Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen
- Water bottle
- Don't forget your camera!